While setting up your account on Now-Studio, one of the initial steps will be to configure subscription plans for your end clients. Now-Studio supports four methods by which you can charge your end clients. These methods are
Ongoing Subscription plans
On Now-Studio, a business owner can create pricing options with various payment intervals for his clients. The pricing options can be created for a payment interval of days, weeks, months and years. You need to specify payment frequency and the subscription amount.
You can also attach a free trial period to the plan if needed. In this, case the first payment will be charged at the end of the free-trial period.
Setting up Subscription Plans:
- LOGIN > Sign in.
- From the Select Account screen click Business Owner or Manager Account Type.
- From the menu bar click SETUP, and then select SUBSCRIPTION PLANS.
- PLAN screen appears. Click CREATE button on the top right corner of the screen.
- Payment Interval: The default value is YEAR. Delete YEAR and type in one of the following (DAY, WEEK, MONTH, or YEAR).
- Payment Interval Count: Specify payment frequency in this field.
NOTE: The interval count for a YEAR cannot be greater than 1. This is because you cannot charge a client twice in a year for an ANNUAL PLAN. The Interval Count for the interval of WEEKS cannot be greater than 52. Interval Count for MONTHLY plans cannot be greater than 12. And finally, the Interval Count for DAY plans cannot be greater than 365.
- Trial Period Days: The user can associate a free trial period (in days) if required. If no free-trial period is offered then the user must enter value 0 (Zero).
Amount: Enter the amount in the “currency” of your studio to be charged every period.
Currency: This field is generated automatically. It is non editable by the user.
- Plan Name: is automatically generated by the software. It is non editable by user.
Max Classes: You can specify the maximum number of classes in the subscription period. In the above example, if the user enters 4 in this field she is allowed a maximum of 4 sessions within a 2 week period. If the user enters 6, she is allowed a maximum of 6 classes with-in a 2 week period. Leave this field blank if you want unlimited classes in the subscription period.
NOTE: You can check the number of classes remaining in the period for this student in the customer details. When the next subscription period begins this field will reset to the maximum number of classes associated with the plan.
Comments: Optional information which you might want to provide for reference or record-keeping purpose.
- Submit: Press this button, review the record and then press again to save the record.
Example of a Subscription Plan
See the following example which illustrates how to setup a subscription plan:
If you want to create a subscription plan @ 125 to be charged for every two weeks and you want to add a free trial for 1 day, entries should be as:
Payment Interval: WEEK
Payment Interval Count: 2
Trial Period Days: 1
(A trial period is 1 day & two weeks charges are $ 125)
Limited Time Membership is a one time purchase useful for those who don’t want to subscribe for ongoing subscription plans. Additionally, memberships are a great way to give a specific group of clients certain privileges. Example- Giving scheduling priorities and Restricting online booking to members only.
Assuming you want to offer a “membership” of 20 days for a price of USD 20. You would enterthe following values in the fields:
Setting Up Limited-Time Memberships
- LOGIN > Sign in.
- From the Select Account screen select Business Owner or Manager Account Type.
- From this menu bar click SETUP and then select LIMITED TIME MEMBERSHIPS.
- On PRODUCT MEMERSHIP screen appears click the button on topright corner of the screen.
Now, follow the 6 given steps:
① Product Type: Click in this field to choose time duration of membership. By default MEMBERSHIP_WEEKS is selected. You can select any of the options shown:
② Qty Included: Specify number/quantity of days, weeks, months or years.
③ Price: By default 1.00 appears. Delete it and enter the price for this membership.
④ Product Description: Provide a description or enter helpful information in this field.
⑤ Comments: Any details or comments may be given.
⑥ Submit: Click twice to save the record.
Subscription vs Membership
One might ask how the “Limited Time Membership” is different from a “Subscription Plan”. The main difference is that a customer will be charged “repeatedly” for a subscription plan. For a “Limited Time Membership” the customer is only charged once upfront at the time of the purchase for the entire period.
Class pack allows the user to purchase a set of classes at once. This feature will authorize the client to attend a particular number of classes without subscribing to a plan.
Setting up Class-Pack:
LOGIN > Sign in
On the "Product Class-Pack" Screen, follow the following six steps:
① Qty Included: Enter number of classes that you want to include.
② Product Name: You must assign some name for this pack.
③ Price: Enter price.
④ Product Description: will be generated automatically by the software.
⑤ Comments: Enter any particulars/details in field Comments, if desired.
⑥ Submit: Click twice to save the record.
Example of a Class-Pack
If you want to create a pack of 10 classes for $500 then: enter “10” in “Qty Included” field and enter 500 in “Price” field.
Credit Balance is an amount paid by the client in advance. If the client does not want to pay using a Credit Card or cash every time, he/she can purchase a Product or can attend a class using Credit Balance. Now, every time he/she makes a purchase or attends a class he will be charged from his/her Credit Balance amount.
Note: Credit Balance can be added to an account by making a purchase of “Credit-Balance” or by purchasing “Private-Session”. Once purchased, the credit balance can be used to purchase other items later on or for checking-in the customer into classes or private sessions. At the time, the cost of the purchase or price of the class will be deducted.
How to add credit balance to customers account?
- LOGIN > Sign in
- From the Select Account screen click Owner or Manager Account Type.
- Click PURCHASE, select CREDIT BALANCE.
- PURCHASE screen appears. Clicks CREATE on top right corner of the screen.
On the purchase screen, specify the following details:
- Product Name: Click in this field to select the Product Name from the drop-down list.
- Customer: Click in this field to select the Customer from the drop down list for whom the purchase is to be done.
- Payment Method: Select CREDIT_BALANCE from the dropdown list as the payment method.
- Quantity: Specify Quantity of Class Packs which the customer has to purchase. The total amount to be charged will equal Quantity Price.
- Enter Card Number & Name on Card. Also, Enter the month and year of Card Expiration from the drop down Calendar. Click Done after your selection.
- Price Override: Any revised price for the Product should be entered here. This price shall be effective for this purchase.
- Purchase Note: shall be generated automatically by the software.
- Comments: You may enter details/comments in this field.
- Submit: Click this button, review the summary, and click again to save the record.