Images, photographs, and other graphics make a webpage extremely interesting with a minimum amount of effort. Embedding an image into written text is easy and fast, although the steps differ greatly depending on the location where you want to add the image. This article highlights two ways of adding images on NowStudio. You can add a main webpage image (in the header or the background). Additionally, you can also add an image inside your article.
1. Adding Main Webpage Image
It is very simple to add a main webpage image on NowStudio. This image will be displayed either in the header, as a background, or inside the webpage itself, depending upon your choice. The main steps are:
Step 1: Sign-up and Generate a Website on NowStudio
The first step is to create a personalized website. To learn how to create a website using NowStudio, click here
Step 2: Upload Image and Generate Website
- To upload images to your page, select “Update” and click “Add Image”
- Upload the image directly from your computer
- Click “Submit” twice to save the image. A pop-up window will appear confirming the successful upload
- From the main menu, click "Setup > Generate Website"
- The webpage image can be displayed either in the header, as a background, or inside the webpage, depending on your choice. So, in the "show webpage image as" field, choose either header, background, or inside.
- Click "Submit" twice to generate the website. A pop-up window will appear confirming the successful website generation.
Step 3: Check that the Image is Displayed Live
After the successful generation of your website, simply go to the personalized URL in your browser and look for the image on the website.
2. Adding Secondary Images using IMG Tag
In order to insert an image on a webpage, it has to be uploaded first on the NowStudio platform. Next, you can directly specify the path of the internal image URL using an IMG tag. Here are the steps to adding an image using an IMG tag:
Step 1: Upload the Image on the NowStudio Platform
- On the menu bar, go to Setup> Setup Gallery
- Click "create button"
- Provide a "category" and a "title"
- Click the submit button twice to save the record. A pop-up box will appear confirming the successful submission of the record
- Click on the "Add image" link.
Now, you can upload the image directly from your computer. Click “Submit” twice to save the image. A pop-up window will appear confirming the successful upload
Step 2: Hide the Gallery
The aim of this gallery is to upload the image on the NowStudio platform. Now, you need to hide this gallery. These are the steps to conceal the gallery:
Step 3: Use an IMG Tag to Display the Image that you just Uploaded
The third step is to copy the internal URL for the image you just uploaded and paste it where you want to display the image. Follow these simple steps: * On the menu bar, click "Setup > Setup Gallery"
From the list of gallery items, open the image file that you want to imbed
On the right hand side of the screen, just below the image, there is an internal URL in the following format:
Copy this URL
Again, from the main menu bar, select “Setup > Setup Webpages”
Select the webpage in which you would like to embed the image
Use the following command to insert the image:
- Paste the URL (that you copied in the above steps) after “=” in the above tag. Your tag should now look like:
<img src= /images/gallery____image_name____0.jpeg>
- You can also specify the height and width of the image. To do so, just type the height and width of the image after the URL. Now, your tag should look like this:
<img src= /images/gallery____image_name____0.jpeg height=500 width=500>
- Additionally, you can align the image to right, left, or center. For example, to align the image in the center, use the following tag:
<center><img src= /images/gallery____image_name____0.jpeg height=500 width=500></center>