The staff members that you create on now-studio can or cannot have the administrative privileges. You can also assign the role of instructor and general staff to the same member.
How to assign staff roles using Now-Studio?
NOTE: The “Is Admin” field defines that weather the staff will be granted administrative privileges or not.
The following fields are optional:
- You can enter the staff's date of birth (DD-MM-YYYY) in the DOB field.
- The login email can be the same as the email you entered above or you can provide a new email.
- In the next five fields that follow, you can enter the address details of the customer i.e. address, city, zip code, state/province and country.
- If the staff member is working on hourly basis then set an hourly rate for him/her in this field.
- You can specify the staff's gender (male/female) in this field.
- You can provide the phone number details (alt phone, emergency contact and emergency phone) in the next three fields that follow.
- You can add a small note or detailed comments about the staff or both.
- Then click Submit twice to save the record.
By default, two roles are assigned to the new staff, one as an instructor and the other as a general staff. The purpose of generating two roles is that often a staff member performs duties of an instructor as well as "general staff". In fact, for new studios this is very common.
To see these two roles, Go to Staff and select Search Staff-Shift from the drop down list. Now, check that two rows for the newly created staff member exist. One row is for an "Instructor" role and another row for "General Staff Role". If the staff has a single role only (i.e. he/she is only a general staff or an instructor) then the other shift can be deleted. Suppose you want to delete the role for a staff as a general staff. This can be done in 3 simple steps:
Step 1: Go to search staff shifts. Now, select the staff shift that you want to delete. The staff shift page will open.
Step 2: Click on the delete link.
Step 3: Now Click delete button twice.
NOTE: No class should be associated with the staff shift that you are deleting. If so, then please reassign the instructor for that class. Otherwise, this record will not be deleted.